Χριστßνα Φßλη (1945)
Christine Phili was born in Athens in 1945 and studied mathematics in the University of Athens. Through scholarship from the French Government she attended post-graduate studies in Paris, in the History of Mathematics and she got the degree of Doctorat d' Etat (State Doctorate) under the supervision of professor R. Taton.
She wrote numerous papers and presented her communications during Conferences and Congresses in Greece and abroad. She wrote several books. She is also the author of 8 collective books.
- Professor of the National Technical University of Athens, she taught Mathematics and History of Mathematics
- Member of the International Academy of the History of Sciences
- International Woman of the Year (1994) by the International Biographical Center of Cambridge.
Moreover, Ch. Phili has written numerous aesthetics studies, essays and translations in distinguished Greek reviews. She also wrote four collections of poetry:
- Landscapes of Memory(1979)
- Represantations (1981)
- Ageless Time (1983)
- Exchange of Presence (2001)
The theatrical piece Bessarion " a different two heads eagle is under press.
In 2006 she was decorated by the French Government as Chevaliert des Palmes Academiques